Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mostly Yesterday, but also one day last week

Friday morning (Joanna’s birthday), James woke up feeling like a new man!

IMG_1434

He and Natalie had found a pair of my knee-high hose to play with.

IMG_1436IMG_1437

It’s amazing what will entertain a two-year old for kind of a long time.

IMG_1438

This was Monday.  Natalie crashed at about 4pm.  The TV was on, and there were four kids in the room NOT being quiet.  She was exhausted!!  {And as you can see, she has completely relapsed on the thumb-sucking front.}  Boo.

IMG_1557

Monday evening we lost power for a bit, so this headlamp was on the coffee table Tuesday morning.  James had a lot of a fun playing with that too, and he didn’t even figure out how to turn on the light.  :)

IMG_1559

Laura had her morning nap before we took the kids to preschool yesterday, and and it was a pretty good one.  The kids ended up being 30-40 minutes late, but that is SO WORTH a happy baby.  :) 

IMG_1564

When I went to pick up Ray, he was sleeping.  When I uncovered him, I noticed he’d been sleeping with his hand in his pocket.  Ha!

IMG_1565

The light was better in James’ classroom for pictures.

IMG_1567

I laid on the floor and got several shots without him waking up.  He is soooooooooo beautiful.

IMG_1571

I made all the other kiddos find a spot to sit, and I jiggled Laura while we waited for James to wake up.

IMG_1572

It was SUCH a gorgeous day that we played on the playground for a little while.

IMG_1574IMG_1580IMG_1582

This is Graham (often confused with Gran at our house when we’re talking about them).  He looooooooves Natalie.  :)

IMG_1583IMG_1584

Even though it didn’t feel like it could be true, yesterday was enchilada night at Grandma’s house!!

Joanna brought some books from school over to read to her family.

IMG_1590

I love that picture.  :) 

Her favorite book from school is Mrs. Wishy Washy.  They’ve been reading it at school, and apparently they acted it out yesterday.  Joanna told me she got to be Mrs. Wishy Washy.  I asked her how did Mrs. M decide who would play the parts, and she told me “raise your hand if you want to be Mrs. Wishy Washy.”  So I guess there wasn’t an audition. :)  A little boy was the only other one who wanted to do it, so he was the second Mrs. WW, Joanna told me.  She was so excited telling me about it – she got to wear a scarf in her hair and big slippers on her feet.  I wish I could’ve seen it!  In the afternoon Joanna put a headband on Laura so she could be Mrs. WW.  Before bed, Joanna put an apron and her slippers on Natalie so she  could be Mrs. WW.  I see an actor/director/producer in the making here!  I deeply deeply love seeing her get excited about stuff.  We should act out some more books around here!

And back to what I was originally writing about…

James LOVES olives, and about the only time he gets them is on enchilada night.  He likes to put them on his fingers before he eats them.  I love that boy.

IMG_1595

He ate most of his enchiladas as well – yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment