Thursday, March 7, 2013

Joanna’s Six Year Check-Up

Joanna and I got to go alone to her well-check Thursday after school.  Thanks Lisa and Gran!

IMG_1852

She passed her hearing screen – yay!  Her vision wasn’t fantastic.  So it’s on our list to get checked.  Anybody have a doc they recommend?  I’ll probably call around and see who’s affordable.  The kids aren’t covered with vision insurance.

IMG_1855

One of the few times the kids get to play on the iPod is while they’re waiting at the doctor’s office.  Joanna was using a drawing app.

IMG_1857

Doctor Harper in action!

IMG_1860

She was of course practically perfect in every way.  :)

She had an enormous wax build-up in her ears.  Ummmm… whoops?  So he had the nurse come in and clean ‘em out.

IMG_1863

It was quite an ordeal to get all that wax flushed out!

IMG_1866

Doesn’t she look like the poster child for that ear cleaner bottle?

IMG_1869

She didn’t love the way it felt, but was a super-fantastic sport about it.  And apparently some people are just prone to ear wax build-up, and we should clean them out every couple of months.  They actually sell stuff at the drugstore for it.  Whoddu thunk?

1 comment:

  1. I am an earwax builder upper! Rick & I both are. The stuff at the drug store is good, but I would suggest doing it every month depending on how quick it build for her...because sometimes it can effect your hearing...it's odd.

    ReplyDelete