We took Miss Natalie to the doctor Tuesday afternoon to recheck her ears and check out this cute little rash that had cropped up.
It’s hard to tell here, but you can see it a little in her cheeks.
And I guess if you look very closely (and use your imagination a little) you can see it on her arm. This was seconds before Dr. Harper walked into the room and Natalie LOST IT.
I mean, I’ve never heard her cry so hard so long without being comforted before. And then Joanna started crying pretty hysterically because she was so worried about her sister. And Purvis and I were both trying to calm Joanna down and just get finished with Natalie. She clung to me so hard. She was crying so hard when he was looking in her throat that she threw up a little (and Joanna was pretty obsessed with that event all day long).
Finally everybody calmed down enough for me to at least hear Dr. Harper talk! Her ears and throat looked great, and he really didn’t know what the rash was about. His best guess was a virus of some sort and we may see a fever out of it in the next few days. He also theorized it could be some major sensitivity to the heat. At first I thought it was a heat rash, but we really hadn’t been outside much at that point, and of course it hasn’t gone away even in the cool indoors. He ruled out one of the childhood diseases (like chicken pox, measles, I guess).
He told me to watch it and come back if it really changes. Fortunately it doesn’t itch her; it’s just weird. I’ll get back to it in bit because I don’t feel like rearranging pictures. :)
Here are some pics from a recent trip to the Library. Natalie LOVES climbing in all the chairs and looking out the window.
She’s reasonably good about minding me, but really doesn’t like being held while we’re there. I’ve discovered it’s just best to let her roam a little and keep my eye on her.
I didn’t get any pictures of big sister, but she was SO GOOD on this trip. She listened and minded and was so patient. I was so proud! She turned into a toot later in the day – I guess she just got so tired of being good. :)
Each girl found a book to check out. Thomas for Joanna and some random board book for Natalie. I also found an illustrated/younger kid version of The Little House series. Joanna’s been very interested in listening to me read the books (for short periods, of course) but there really aren’t enough pictures for her. These books are picture books that tell a very abridged version of the stories. There are lots, but of course our library had ONE. That’s okay, because I’ve discovered you can have books held at the window at the Kingwood Branch. I’ll pick up some more titles just like some french fries!
I took some more pictures of Natalie’s rash this morning. It had spread and gotten redder.
It’s mostly on her arms, legs, and cheeks. It’s a mystery to me. Her temp the last two nights has been 100.1 and 100.3 rectally, which is barely a fever.
Joanna wanted me to take a picture of her “doing this” to Natalie. Sweet sisters!
So we stayed home today instead of going to the nursery/work. Joanna really wanted to go, and was trying to figure out a way she could still go even though Natalie couldn’t. It was cute.
We did pull out the water table and new swim suits this afternoon. I’ll post pictures of that soon!
Josh got a lot of random rashes while we were living in OK the summer before he turned 2...never did figure out most of them, but they would go away eventually...have you tried giving her some benedryl? I would give Josh some, and usually after a dose and a good night's sleep it'd start to fade. Just thought I'd share my experience with you in case it helps. Hope she's not contagious and that it goes away soon!
ReplyDeleteMake sure you wash all their new clothes before they wear them....I've had rashes like that before and it's when I introduce new things to my skin (like clothes, new soap, new detergent, etc.) Love you guys! -Aunt Kathryn
ReplyDelete