James and I got to go (alone!!) for his 9 month check-up on Tuesday. They were running pretty behind, so I was very glad that Christiana was watching my girls! Thank you Christiana!
Here is James posing with his stats.
In case you can’t read the crayon, James is 16lbs 6oz and 27.25inches long with a head circumference of 18inches. That puts him in a very low percentile for weight, a mediumish one for height, and a higherish up one for head circumference. He looks great!
And he knows it, too. :)
Another cute one, though his arm looks like it’s phasing out of our reality.
I figured Dr. Harper might appreciate a clean diaper for his check, hence the change of pants.
James entertained himself by crawling up and down the little table, pulling on the paper, and attempting to fling himself off the table. I entertained myself by taking pictures of him doing all of this, including not flinging himself off the table.
He looks perfect, of course. His boy parts are all healed up from last week, thanks to the antibiotics.
At 9 months they’re supposed to do a blood draw to check for anemia and whatever. But nobody mentioned to me when I made his NINE MONTH checkup on a TUESDAY that the blood people are only there on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, and FRIDAY. And I told Dr. Harper this (in my just slightly exasperated voice). So he said we could do it at 12 months. He didn’t care. He knows I have three small children, and likely not a deep desire to drive 30 minutes to the doctor’s office with any or all of them… twice. :) So I will make his one year checkup for a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. Because now I know.
And ya’ll, that’s only THREE months from now. Aaaacccckkkk!
And sort of on that note, I just might be doing a birthday party theme for James involving milk (ahem… cow milk, okay?), and I’m LOVING the idea of using those Starbucks Frappuccino (of course I did not spell that right on the first try) bottles for the milk. They’re gorgeous. And perfect. But I really don’t drink coffee. All this to say, if any of you actually are going to drink any in the next couple of months and you aren’t going to keep the bottles and lids, could you pass them along? My mom loves them, and I bet Matt would like them if he tried them. And heck, mixed with some chocolate milk, I might even drink ‘em. For a good cause. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment