Saturday, July 2, 2011

Pasta (and then some more mock-cream pics)

My sister introduced me to a very yummy but simple way to eat pasta.  It’s with garlic/butter/parmesan cheese.  Except Kathryn did hers with olive oil, which I don’t really have a problem with, I just don’t like as much.  :)

Ingredients:
1/2 package of spaghetti (or whatever pasta you have around)
2 large cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (I’m sure the stuff in the can would work fine as well)
2 T butter, divided

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Drain, and return to pan.

P6291606

Meanwhile, chop the garlic finely and cook it a little in about 1/2T of the butter until it’s softened a bit.  (Kathryn threw hers right in raw, but that was a little to much kick for me the kids.)

P6291605

Add the remaining butter to the cooked pasta…

P6291608

As well as the garlic (butter and all), and the parmesan cheese.

P6291607

It’s really light, easy, and very yummy.  I know it would be delish to add some cooked broccoli in there as well, I just haven’t done that yet.

 

We’ve made the “Mock-cream” a couple of more times since I posted about it, so I thought I’d give an update.

Turns out the Magic Bullet is not  good for this, so back to the blender we went.

Looks totally gross doesn’t it?

P6291611

The final bit of blending – it’s so pretty!

P6291613

And into the bowl:

P6291614

It really is quite tasty and almost satisfies a chocolate craving.  :)  The girls love it.  Last night I put a little heavy cream in, because I had some, but I’m not sure it made much difference.  I may add a little more next time; I do love heavy cream.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment