Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ah, Air Conditioning...

Other people's air conditioning, that is. We're still (patiently?) waiting for electricity to be restored to our house. It officially became just too hot for me last night. I think 81 degrees in the house at 11pm is yucky. I'm excited that our church got power back last night, and several neighborhoods around us are powering back up, as well. I'm watching a little dog and cat for a friend in Bear Branch while he's away. Last night I was standing in his kitchen when I hear, "beeeeep!" It was the phones/answering machine coming back on. How exciting! I'm at his house now. The signal for the internet isn't great, but it's there! I think the cable company still has some work to do. I brought Joanna over here to nap this afternoon in the A/C, under the ceiling fan. I sat in the living room, under the ceiling fan, with HGTV in the background. Ah, blissful. Thank you for being out of town, David! And really, I'm just being a good pet sitter. I know Didi the dog is enjoying our extended company! It sounds like a lot of Kingwood got power back on last evening. Maybe tonight is our night! I'm off now. I will try to update more later and add a few pics.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I am shocked it's been so long. I never imagined people in OUR area to be without power for so long. As we've said, ya'll are always welcome here!!! You can cook for us, and we'll supply the power, ha! :-)

    ReplyDelete