Friday, September 12, 2008

Still Hunkering

Or rather, preparing to hunker. It's just started to get windy here. I'm running the dishwasher and dryer one last time (well, hopefully not); we've got our cell phones and cameras charging. We've started to pile our flashlights and batteries in a central location so we can find them in the dark. I've figured out what I'm going to do regarding sleeping Joanna tonight. I think I'm going to let her fall asleep in her bed like normal then transfer her over to our room when we head to bed. She's got a big 'ol window in her room, and of course I'll feel more comfortable with her in the room with us. I think I might shower and blow dry my hair tonight while I still can! Although with this wind picking up, who knows how long we'll have electricity. I've heard that some subdivisions have already lost it.
I'm a little sad the storm will hit overnight. I have to say I LOVE storms -- the wind, the rain, the lightening and thunder -- it's fabulous. It's thrilling. It's magical. Now obviously I would rather the hurricane wasn't so bad and wasn't endangering people and homes, but since I can't really stop it...

No comments:

Post a Comment