Saturday, July 30, 2011

Swimming at Aunt Mindy’s!


Last Sunday Mindy and Steve invited us over for swimming and dinner. (Okay, so really what happened is that Joanna called them and invited herself over.) :)


Anyway, we headed over after naptime for some pool fun!


P7241975


Joanna the fish got some good practice.


P7241976


I deeply deeply love that for once the adults outnumbered the kids. Lovely!


P7241980


James is still not crazy about the water. (Oh, and this coming up is the only picture of me from the day. Can someone talk to my husband about this?) :)


P7241983


Mindy and Natalie feeding Weensie a little pool water:


P7241984


Natalie wanted to lay out in the chairs with Uncle Steve.


P7241985


Isn’t she the cutest little thing?!


P7241986P7241987


Almost a smile from James!


P7241992


Mindy did some carting around of the girls. They LOVED it!


P7241994


James liked sitting on the raft. He could be mostly out of the water but still splash some – yay!


P7241997


Happy boy!


P7241999


And just for grins, here’s Joanna on the same raft in the same pool at almost 8 months old:


DSC_0033-6


I don’t have goggles for Natalie, but Mindy dug up an old pair around her house. Hilarious!


P7242001


P7242003


Putting her face in:


P7242006


This whole summer, I could not find this floatie thing. Both girls used it, and I can remember putting it away last year or the year before, but I could not find it! Just before we left for Mindy’s, I checked one more time in a closet I’d already looked in four hundred times. Lo and behold, it had magically appeared!


James tolerated it for a little while.


P7242002


I LOVE this picture of Matt and James. LOVE.


P7242005P7242007


After swimming we all got dried off, warmed up, and snuggled in for a movie!


P7242008


Natalie borrowed some of Mindy’s socks because her feet were cold. :)


P7242009


We had chicken nachos for dinner. YUMMMM! This is Matt’s plate; you know mine didn’t have so many vegetables on it. :)


P7242011


Thanks Mindy and Steve for letting us come over. We had so much fun, and the kids slept GREAT that night!

1 comment:

  1. Tony has that problem with not being in pictures too. He has to give me the camera and say "will you please take a picture of me". If he didn't do that he wouldn't be in pictures. 2 things that help me remember - 1 - I write the blog, so when I blog about something we all did together I realize that I didn't take any pictures of him and I try to remember next time. 2 - He got me a new little camera that I love to use. If it weren't for those 2 things, it would just never cross my mind. :)
    I love all the cute pics of everyone else though!!! You are a good photographer!

    ReplyDelete