I am not usually afflicted with allergy trouble, so I guess I shouldn't really complain. Except... I'm complaining! Only a little. :) My head just feels like it could explode today. It's full and tingly, and oh the sneezes! It's really funny because Joanna says "sweeze." It is very cute.
Other random things:
- I pulled out the exersaucer today for Natalie. She likes it! I didn't really realize how much she's reaching/grabbing for things. She did great. Joanna is desperate to get in there. I told her I would let her check it out tomorrow while Natalie is napping. With Joanna, I feel like it's best to let her explore this baby stuff rather than just saying no way kid. Like with the crib, the rule is she needs to ask me and I'll help her get in. She very rarely even asks anymore -- the thrill is gone. I get a lot more fights if I absolutely forbid her to do something (obviously there are things that are forbidden -- hot, high, dangerous, etc.) rather than let her do it with supervision.
- Joanna really wants to pick Natalie up (that's one of those forbidden things). She's managed to sort of do it once. Oops on my part. Luckily they were both on the floor and nobody got hurt, just a little grumpy. I'll let Joanna "hold" Natalie whenever she wants to. She knows she just has to ask. It's funny because Natalie is a little more than half Joanna's current weight. And you can tell. Joanna will say, "too heavy, Mommy."
- I looked it up and discovered that Joanna wasn't 13lbs until sometime between 6 and 9 months. She was 11 something at her 6 month checkup, and a high 13 something at her 9 month checkup. Whoa. Again. I know she was little, but still! There are some 3-6 month clothes that we have that are a little snug on Miss Natalie. I just can't believe it! My girls are both so cute and yet so different.
- Joanna likes to help rinse Natalie in the bath. I'm (or Matt mostly is) bathing them together now. We put Natalie in the tub on a giant sponge thing with Joanna. Joanna likes to use her little bath teacups to rinse Natalie's belly and legs. It's very cute. I'm looking forward to when they're both sitting up and Natalie can hold her own in there. That will make for some very cute pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment