Friday, May 29, 2009

Catching up in Pics

Our fence is finished with it's current round of repair. Here it is before the work. It actually looks pretty good, huh?! It's barely standing -- the neighbors behind us with the dogs tacked it up temporarily. It's actually still there, we built our new fence on this side of it. That fence was in bad shape and since we couldn't get it all done in one day and we couldn't leave a giant hole there because of the dogs, we just built it pretty on our side. They can take their side down (or not) whenever they feel like it. The hole didn't make it into this picture -- it's to the right. Matt and his dad screwing in pickets.
Natalie enjoying the show:
Joanna playing with a stick on the stump -- what could be better?!

Joanna in front of the finished section. It looks great out there!
Thank you Pop for helping us!
Natalie is big enough now to ride in our double umbrella stroller that was my mom's for her day care home. It's not as much fun for Joanna, but it serves different purposes. I like it. I so love my van. Both strollers are actually in the back right now. LOVE IT!
Check out this little Diva girl:
She had to wear her boots yesterday.

Oh, the personality oozing out of her!
"Riding" Dino at Kroger.
This morning, after taking off PJs before putting on clothes:
Awwwwww...
Sisters... sisters... there were never such devoted sisters...
It is very hard work to get the actual kiss on camera -- you have to get the timing just right.
Silly girls.
Joanna was very excited today to find a letter for her in the mailbox. It was from Anne and Joan, her teachers!
It had a nice thank-you card and some pictures from the year inside. Yay for mail!
This is the girls' room today after hurricane Joanna blew through. Not soooo bad, I guess. I like Kathy's idea of taking everything but the bed out. May just have to do that soon.
Speaking of, we're about to get another room in our little house. How, you ask? Well, my mom's getting an apartment in a couple of weeks. :( She doesn't love us anymore. Ha! Just kidding. She needs to have some personal space. There isn't anywhere around here she can spread out a project (sewing, painting, etc.) and expect it to be undisturbed. She also just needs some space to be messy, I think. Hopefully we'll still see almost as much of her. Who wants to be hanging out alone in a quiet apartment when they could be here? :)
So, I'll be turning her room into our office/play room. My vision is to have workspace and storage for my computer, scrapbook, and craft stuff from bar height and up and toy stuff down below. We'll see how it works out. Right now I'm in the thinking stages of my work table. We have these solid wood doors in our garage that I think would make a great table top. They're HUGE and HEAVY, so we'll see. I'm thinking it would be cool to cut one to the dimensions I need (fit along one wall beside the window) and build a base for it out of 2 by 4s and stuff. Clearly I've built a lot of things -- don't I seem knowledgeable? Anyway, I'll fill up the rest of the room with furniture we have around here. Although I am in the market for additional tall bookcase(s). I'm hoping it will be a place that the girls and I can go to work and play during the day -- safely. Right now I have my computer stuff on the bar in the kitchen (and it may go back there sometimes), but I don't have any place in the house where I can start a project (or a chunk of work) and leave it out for a while. By having my large workspace at bar-height, I'm hoping to make this my space. It will be a playroom, too because I can't very well expect the girls to be in another room while I'm working. They're glued to me, and that's okay. Joanna just goes to pieces when I sit down at the computer. I'm hoping she'll feel a bit better about it when she's got some fun stuff to play with right there. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. That will be so much fun to organize your new room...extra space is always wonderful!

    OK, that 2nd picture of Joanna in those boots...just about the cutest thing ever! She is just oozing...

    ReplyDelete