Friday, May 29, 2009

My Black Eye... explained

No, Matt hasn't been abusing me. He even has alibis -- he was at work! :) It was Joanna, but don't go calling PPS (you know, Parent Protective Services). It was an accident. We were goofing around a little in the rocking chair -- a little tickling, a little rocking, and her head collided with just below my eye. Oh my stinkin' goodness it hurt. Here is my eye's progression, because I had to document it, even though I have no makeup and my hair's not done.
Just after it happened. You can just barely see the bump under my left eye. That bump appeared immediately after the collision. By the way, Joanna is totally fine; her very hard head suffered no damage. A couple of hours later -- looks like a shiner!
Just an hour or so ago:
But I can still smile!
We'll see how fast I heal up. I'll try to take another pic tomorrow when I wake up.

4 comments:

  1. wow...that looks painful!

    That happened to my Dad once, I think...actually, I think he hit it on something, then told everyone at church my mom hit him or something...can't remember what actually happened...was that the wasp sting incident? hmmm...my memory is HORRIBLE! And now I've basically just wasted comment space by having this argument on here with myself...sad...I guess that's what very little sleep does to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH...so far I haven't had any bruises come up, but I did think my nose was broken a couple of weeks ago. How did their heads get so HARD???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definately looks painful, but it also gives you that bad@$$ biker momma look! I love you and miss you...here's to the fast healing touch of the Cooksey family!
    -Aunt Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Crazy how fast that kinda thing happens. I'm with Kathryn, the pic right above the smiling one...you look like one tough chick :)

    ReplyDelete