Just had to show Joanna eating a vegetable. One veggie I love to eat when it's in season (and cheap!) is an artichoke. Many people I don't think have ever eaten these "whole." My husband hadn't ever had one 'till he married me. :)
Basically you peel the leaves off and eat the meaty part that's at the bottom of them. Then, slowly you uncover the heart, which is so fabulous. You dip all of this in melted butter -- yum! It's such a comfort food for me. Joanna wanted to try it and actually ate a few leaves for me -- yay!!
I think she's going to be a little like me. We don't like the regular ol' veggies; we like the unique ones.
Yesterday Joanna got piggie tails again. Can you believe how much hair she has now?
Pig tails are just too cute! I've always wanted to try artichoke, but never really knew what to do with it...now I know! I used to babysit for this lady, and you always knew she was pregnant (happened twice during the time I was babysitting) when there was a fresh artichoke in the fridge. She craved them during pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteI just adore my Mother's Day gift, too. I do believe that it's the cutest thing EVER! Joan said that when they were all lined up on the table, it was beyond cute.