Saturday, May 9, 2009

Natalie

Natalie will be 4 months old on Monday. Whoa. She has a doctor's appointment Tuesday, I believe, so I'll post stats after that. I want to go ahead and get started listing some of the things she's up to. They come to me all the time...except when I'm sitting down to type, so we'll see what kind of list I get. :)

You May have read some of these before, but that's okay!

Natalie...

  • loves sitting in the bumbo chair and does it pretty well.
  • Pretty much just cries when she's hungry, tired, or dirty. This is amazing (and wonderful) to me.
  • loves to smile. She smiles with her whole body!
  • can be cheered up most of the time by Joanna.
  • Is sleeping pretty regularly from about 8 or 8:30 until 6ish, then again until 8:30. That last bit is sort of like her morning nap. She'll usually nap again around 11 or 12, then maybe 3:00, then sometimes again right before dinner. It's not exactly a schedule, more of a routine. She cat-naps, usually 30 minutes max at a time, so she has perhaps more naps than other kiddos her age. I could see her really settling into a routine if I'd let her! Unfortunately, with work we have some very different days during the week. Not that my working is unfortunate... just that there's not much structure for Natalie. I'm hoping we'll be able to really settle into a routine this fall (after a very crazy not routine-ish kind of summer!)
  • Has found her hands and feet, but only sometimes.
  • Is seriously a drooling fool. She chews on her fingers and my fingers and is constantly wet under her chin.
  • Is wearing a size 1 shoe... not that she wears shoes much, but we do have a couple pair for special occasions!
  • Sucks her thumb regularly. She'll even try to suck her thumb while nursing. It hasn't been super successful for her. :)
  • Likes ceiling fans. She seems to especially love the one at Aunt Mindy's house.
  • still loves her baths, even with Joanna splashing around in there, too.
  • Likes to face forward in the baby bjorn -- she keeps her head steady, too.
  • Naps pretty easily in her crib. Will also nap in the sling and occasionally the pack n play.
  • Helped Daddy write me a card for Mother's Day. :)
  • Spits up more than Joanna did, but still not very much.
  • sleeps on her belly most of the time.
  • Likes snuggling up to me in our bed in the mornings.
  • sleeps pretty well through her sister's screaming/playing/banging/etc.
  • Isn't terribly interested in the playmat. I think Joanna liked it more.
  • Doesn't seem to be scared of loud noises (power tools, vacuum, etc.) like Joanna was. She may yet grow into it. :)
  • Is a pretty predictable, easy-going, wonderful little baby!
  • Is so very loved by her family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. Unbelievable that Natalie's already 4 months old! Paul David smiled with his whole body when he was a baby, too. You could tell from behind when he was happy!
    Natalie's such a sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete