Thursday, May 28, 2009

Joanna is so big!

It amazes me every day how grown-up Miss Joanna is getting.
  • She can say anything, and most of it is understandable to other people.
  • She's kind of bossy, which is totally a toddler thing. She loves to say "right now" while pointing at you, and "I be right back" while holding her little finger up. I HAVE to get a video.
  • She says "please" and "thank you" routinely. Sometimes she has to be prompted for "please."
  • A couple of days ago I was doing laundry and I mentioned to Joanna that I needed the laundry basket to unload the dryer. (I was in the kitchen picking up.) She brought me the laundry basket! I filled it full of clothes then left it on the floor of the kitchen to finish what I was doing. Joanna dragged it into the living room and unloaded it onto the loveseat (our usual laundry spot). I didn't even ask or tell her what to do -- she just knew it needed to be done and she did it!
  • Last night I asked her to go get one princess diaper (pull ups for overnight) and one Natalie diaper to bring to Daddy for after bathtime. She came back out with the above mentioned items as well as her own PJs. When I told her where Natalie's PJs were, she got those, too!
  • She loves to use pencils to draw little circles on paper. She draws big squiggles and stuff, too, but she loves her little doodles. I'll have to scan and upload a picture of them.

She is such a big helper!! As soon as she understands "the one on the left," and "the blue one" we'll be all set!

I really think my baby is not so much a baby anymore. :( I mean, it's good, but also a little sad. You mommies know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment