Monday, May 4, 2009

The Day is Getting Better.

Thank goodness. I have one happy baby in my lap whose arms are NOT long enough to reach the keyboard. :) And one very quiet baby who I think just may be sleeping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If she decided not to take a nap, my plan was to drive around until she did. Even if it took hours. Not a really green plan, I know.
So I've been cleaning all day (stopping only now to do some computer stuff and earlier only to fix meals, nurse, and change diapers/clothes/bibs.) Here's what I want to know: why doesn't my house look clean? Here are my theories:
  • We have too much crap.
  • I am a terrible cleaner.
  • Somebody keeps coming behind me and making messes.

I think they're all true, especially the one where I'm a terrible cleaner. I am. I think maybe I'm getting better, though. I guess being a homemaker is just like anything else... you have to work on it to get good at it. What I really really want, though, is for someone who is not a terrible cleaner to come into my home and deep clean every stinkin' bit of it. Then I will work very hard to keep it clean from there. I know, I know... if wishes were horses...

Now I must change another dirty diaper -- that's something I'm good at!

5 comments:

  1. I can tell you that it's the third one for sure!!! I keep walking in the living room and thinking, "Wow, it's still picked up!" I'm missing my little messer-upper though!

    My regular cleaning lady (ME) is awful at cleaning, too! It doesn't help that she pretty much hates to do it! I'm much better at making piles of junk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I always say I'd clean if it weren't for the screaming baby, who won't be put down unless he's sleeping or my two year old mess maker, but after they're both asleep, what have I done??? Well, actually I've gotten my rear in gear some tonight and got one load of laundry in the dryer and another in the washer, and have picked up Josh's trains. Now I'm about to go pump a bottle for tomorrow or Wed, whenever the next time I need to feed Sam, but don't have enough arms (I'm NOT an octopus!) or time to sit and nurse him. He got a bottle tonight and did great with it. He's in a growth spurt and wants to eat absolutely anytime he's not sleeping!! And he's not sleeping nearly as much as he was!
    Sorry for the rambling/babbling on your blog...I'll try not to so much. By the way, our leave is now approved, so we're headed that way Thur. May 14, adn back out Wed. the 27th. If there's a particular day that's better than the rest, let me know and we'll arrange a play date. Mornings or evenings after nap time are best for Josh...but other than that, it's whatever's easiest. Maybe we could take them somewhere...I don't know. We'll see...maybe you can come to my parents' house or we can come to your house. LEt me know.
    Now that this is marathon length, I think it may be time to wrap up...sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I need to talk, I'm a great cleaner and you are my kid's favorite sitter...perhaps we can work something out! My only rule is I will not clean if people are home because it's just wierd for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I realize saying I'm a great cleaner is not very humble of me, I just happen to like it and sometimes when you like something you do okay at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post completely makes me laugh, probably because I relate to it SO SO much!

    ReplyDelete