Monday, February 22, 2010

Birthday Day

Matt took off work today for Miss Joanna’s birthday.  He’d also been gone all weekend for the Men’s Retreat and needed some family time.  Joanna and I went to the doctor’s office for her well check-up.  We left Daddy and Natalie at home so she could have her nap.  And two kiddos, even two so well-behaved as mine :), are hard work at the doctor’s office.  birthday (2)

Joanna is just so big!  She is so well-behaved for things like this.  I think she really loves being “messed with” and being the center of attention.  birthday (14)

She weighs 28.2lbs and is 36in tall. Perfect!  She’s very proportional and just right up the growth chart like she should be.  I didn’t ask, but it was looking kind of like the 25th percentile-ish range.  I wasn’t expecting shots, but she had a booster to catch her up.  Something to do with the timing of things, like they just started giving that one to this age or something?  She knew it was coming and wasn’t scared.  She didn’t bat an eye and was excited to have a band-aid!

Back at home she got to open presents from Mommy and Daddy.  First up: a box full of dress-up clothes!

birthday (3)

Cinderanna:  birthday (4)

Showing Daddy her new shoes.  birthday (5)

Natalie was being silly.

Snowanna White:  birthday (6)

Bumble Bee!  I took a video of her buzzing around the house.  It was with my old camera (regular camera had run out of juice), and I’m not sure it transferred over the the computer.  It was very cute!birthday (7)  Joanna discovered that it’s just about as much fun to dress up your sister as it is to dress up yourself!  And Natalie didn’t mind too much.  :)birthday (8) 

I took a few pictures of our dress-up storage in the playroom.  I know Joanna is big enough to be picking up more than I ask her to, so I’m really working on that right now!  Even though we have the playroom and can at the very least toss all the toys in there so they’re out of sight, nobody wants to play (or work) in there when it’s a pit.

So anyway… one area of organization: the dress-up “closet.”birthday (9) 

Some lazy susan things intended for crafts but also perfect for storing “dancin’ shoes".”  birthday (10)

I put Joanna’s purses in the top drawer.  It’s a little high for her to see into, but she can reach in and grab them.birthday (11)  The top shelf has some little cubbies (also intended for craft supplies) that are perfect for her “bling.”  birthday

I put a couple of bins on the bottom shelf that are big enough to hold all her dresses.  birthday (12)I was just so pleased at how everything fit in here last night!  I’m a middle brained organizational/craft junkie.  This feeds my need. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment