Monday, February 8, 2010

A Yummy Success!

A couple of weeks or so ago, I posted about how I made popcorn chicken to freeze for easy lunches later.  Today we ate some, and they're quite tasty!  The girls are eating now, so I don't actually know for sure that they like them.  They're being quiet though.  :) 
For the record, I baked them at 375 for 20 minutes, flipping halfway on a cookie sheet.  I probably did only about a dozen or so, but I think it wouldn't matter how many you baked, as long as they were spread in one layer on the cookie sheet.
Update -- they both ate and enjoyed the nuggets!  I think they'd pick McDonald's in a blind taste test, but...

1 comment:

  1. I made that popcorn chicken last weekend for a friend that just had a new baby. I thought it was delicious and had serious thoughts about keeping it for us! LOL, but it was so easy that I knew I could whip up more in a flash. Of course I had to try before giving them away! They were a bit bland and a bit colorless to me so I added in some spices (more garlic powder, some onion powder, a bit more salt) and popped them back in the oven under the broiler to get a bit more color on them. They were perfect. I think kids would like them as written but for this Texas girl I am finding I need to take the spices from Heavenly Homemaker site up a notch. So far I have made the popcorn chicken, the lasagna casserole and the garlic chicken pasta. The garlic chicken pasta is insanely insanely good.

    ReplyDelete