Saturday, February 27, 2010

In which I can’t just enjoy a quiet, restful day.

This morning I thoroughly enjoyed getting all made up and going to a baby shower for a friend of mine.  It was so nice to be out of the house by myself and talk to some grownups!  I also really really enjoy watching people open cute little girl presents.  Whoo hoo!
Then something came over me and I decided to clean out the garage.  It’s really really been nagging at me, and I’m pretty sure I went to bed thinking about it last night.  The day was GORGEOUS, and I just needed to get to work.  And the house smelled weird.
I had taken a few things out already, but not many when I decided I needed a "before" picture.  Joanna ran to get in it!  P2271362
I’m really really sad to say that the after picture looks very much like this one (or would, if I’d taken one; it was dark).  We actually took most of the stuff out, but ran out of time to really finish.  I can only move so fast, and Matt was strolling leisurely down Memory Lane.  We did deliver a huge van load of stuff to SOSS, and another huge van load to recycling (it’d been a few weeks – yikes!).  We filled up the trash can and a very large box, which I guess will have to wait until heavy trash day.  I also put a couple of bins of things in the back of my mom’s car (which Matt’s borrowing right now) for her to go through.  After the run to SOSS, I found a few more things to donate.  There is also a huge pile/section of stuff that I’d like to try and sell on KYS or at Baby Daze.
So even though it looks almost the same to the naked eye, it really is a lot more organized and better on it’s way to being a room I’m proud of.  We did bring in a ton of boxes that have to be gone through.  Ick.  Mostly it’s Matt’s stuff (photos, keepsakes, etc.) that needs to find homes in the house.  There’s also some kitchen things, crafty things, etc.  Earlier in the day, I was letting Matt go through all these boxes, but as it got closer to dusk and I looked at the mountain before us, I told him he could look through all of it in the house after dark.  We’ll have to get through some of it tonight, and most of it by Monday morning, simply because it just isn’t safe for the girls.  Joanna, in particular, could find all kinds of trouble in these boxes.
I want to spend another day out in the garage finishing up.  I want to move some of the storage things around out there, and take pictures of everything for KYS.  I’d also like to really sweep when everything’s out on the driveway, and hang up the storage hook thingies for all the tools.  This is a great time of year, weather wise, and I’m not too huge to be helpful.  I am really aching tonight, though, after about 7 hours on my feet (and no nap!).
Before I go, I leave you with some pictures of my day:
I just think this is funny – maybe it’s because it rhymes. :)
P2271363
And yes, these boxes say Matt’s Beer Cans, and yes, that’s what’s inside, and there are 4 boxes.  Apparently this is some kind of collector’s thing.  I want them gone.  So if there are any beer can collectors out there reading this blog, make me an offer.
P2271366




1 comment:

  1. so are you thinking you'll put a car in there when you're done?

    ReplyDelete