The following are pregnancy related thoughts I’ve had but wanted to wait to post until it was public knowledge.
Thursday, February 11, 2010:
Today we found out officially that we’re pregnant with #3. I’ve been suspecting it for a little while, since we got pregnant, actually. I won’t type that story, since it’s not exactly blog appropriate, but I’ll happily tell it, if you want to know!
Joanna is already very excited for the baby to come. This is a paraphrase of a conversation we had today.
Joanna: I want the baby to come here.
Mommy: Well, it’s going to be a long time.
Joanna: Yeah, the baby has to drive.
Mommy: (Ha ha ha ha ha!) Honey, the baby has to grow in Mommy’s belly.
Then she said something later while I was holding Natalie about how I needed to put Natalie down so I could get the new baby. Hee hee hee.
I’m thinking we’re a little crazy, but I’m also very excited for our growing family. My due date is looking like October 18th, which is about the only time in the fall I’d want to have a baby. November and December are just too crazy, and September is chock-full of birthdays. I think October’s a heavy month too, though. (I’d be happy with anything!)
Friday, February 12, 2010
I didn’t get finished with all the rambling I’d planned to yesterday, so I’ll give it a shot right now!
I’m hoping to get my thyroid levels checked this next week. I have a nurse visit at my ObGyn’s office, and I’m supposed to bring up that question then. I think pregnancy can mess with your levels.
I actually overlapped pregnant/nursing by almost a week this time. Poor little body. :) Hee hee.
For almost the past two weeks, I’ve been so tired and so grumpy, and now I know why! Having a diagnosis for something often makes it better. So, so far, I’ve been tired and grumpy (although that’s much improved). I’ve also started feeling a little soft around the middle and hungry all day long. I don’t always eat much or well during the day while I’m taking care of the girls; I just snack and eat when I’m hungry. Lately I’ve been a lot hungrier and a lot less easy to satisfy. There have been two nights in the last couple of weeks where I’ve woken up in the night and had a lot of trouble going back to sleep. I really really hope those were flukes. I had a lot of trouble with this in my second pregnancy. I hate laying there, tired, and unable to go back to sleep for hours!
I wonder of some of Natalie’s recent grumpiness has a little to do with this pregnancy? Maybe she could sense it!
Baby things I’m already thinking about:
I’m planning to put Baby in the girls’ room, whether it’s a boy or a girl. If it’s a boy, it’ll move out sooner than later though. Of course it’ll sleep in our room for some time right away, a few weeks at least. It’s a good thing I have a few months to stress about everything! You know I love to worry. :)
Thursday, February 18, 2010:
I had my first nurse visit today. I got some information about being pregnant and how it works at Care for Women. She also took a recent medical history. I’m going to go back in two weeks for my initial visit with my doctor and the first ultrasound. The nurse wanted me to come in sooner rather than later for that first visit so we could get the blood work going. If my thyroid is wonky, we want to find out quickly and adjust the levels. Two or three weeks ago I would have said my levels were off, but I’m feeling pretty good now. Makes me think it was hormones instead. Sadly, I discovered that with our new insurance I can no longer just hop downstairs at Care for Women for lab work. :( I have to go to Humble now. Do you see my sad face? Here it is again: :( Not that Humble is terribly far away, but still…
due date is Josh's b-day!
ReplyDeletejust so ya know: my due date is the 17th of Oct!!
ReplyDelete