Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spaghetti Sauce

One day this week I made spaghetti with homemade sauce for dinner.  I decided to double the recipe because it’s not harder to do, it just takes more ingredients, and it’s nice to have leftovers to freeze!

This is two thirds of the sauce.  P2171222

Even though I just doubled the recipe, I felt like it made enough to divide three ways.  I put it into jars to cool and get a good measure, but I poured the sauce into ziplocks to freeze.  I layed them flat, thinking they’ll store pretty well that way and defrost quicker.  I’m actually not sure how freeze-able these jars are.  I’ve tried looking that info up but not had much success finding out what I need to know.  I guess I should try it with water or something (not my yummy sauce for sure!)  I do love homemade sauce.  Spaghetti is something that usually everybody will eat, too!  I added a little ground beef to the jar we did eat.  I like a little meat in my sauce.  I just did a half a pound this time, and it really was enough.  (Maybe not for Matt.  I should serve him up a side of steak with some pork chops for dessert.  That man likes his meat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment