- Joanna has slept the past three nights in panties and kept them dry. Hopefully this isn't some weird phase but a new stage of no more diapers!
- I don't think I've posted this; I think I keep forgetting, but I have to write about what Miss Joanna does during church. We've started taking her to the 11:00 service with us each week. We pick her up from Sunday School and sit up front for the first part of the service. She loves to watch the music and sing the hymns (or listen, for now). Her very favorite part though, is the children's sermon. Does she listen? Of course not. But she LOVES "being up on stage." She adores getting to climb up in the chancel area and wave to the ministers. Sometimes she wanders over to Rev. Judy or Rev. Jim and sits in their lap. (Can't tell this child's comfortable at church, can you?). Only one time has she actually come back of her own free will to us after the children's sermon is over. She gots lots of praise from me for that, but most times I have to go get her... from Judy's lap, or the choir loft, or the piano area. :) Often Jim will say, "Hi Joanna" when he turns and sees her as he's just beginning his sermon. (Oy!) Yesterday she went to sit in the choir loft, and Jim had to go pick her up and give her to me! Fortunately he follows all this embarrassing (for me) stuff with this comment: "I love my job." Phew! One time, Joanna was just standing there on the apron of the chancel area as all the other children were leaving. She just loves to be the center of attention, you know. A sweet older girl (7 ish?) took her hand and guided her down the aisle. Joanna would have more happily gone with this strange girl than come back to Mommy! After the children's sermon, Joanna likes to go back to Sunday School, where they have snack and she doesn't have to sit still for 20 minutes. It's a great set-up, so far. :) I get a lot of comments about Miss Joanna's antics at church. I think most of them are not just being nice, they truly sincerly love that she's so comfortable at church and belive it shows that the ministers are comfortable with children in church. Well, that's all I wanted anyway. Somebody asked me yesterday if Jim paid her to do that. Love it.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Joanna Things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that's the cutest thing EVER. I'm so sad I missed it :( We do love your children!!!!
ReplyDelete