So it’s been a million and a half years since Matt and I had a date night. I have a lot of trouble paying for sitters and I have a lot of trouble paying a lot for food I can probably figure out how to cook. You know we took Financial Peace last year and it really opened our eyes up to how reckless we were being with money and we’re really trying to save and be good stewards of what we have. And also to be able to pay for new baby!
That being said, a night out sure is a lot of fun and good for our marriage too. Fortunately we were able to have a night out tonight courtesy of some grandparents around here. Matt’s mom and dad gave us a Pappa’s gift card last week for our anniversary, and my mom offered to watch the girls for us. Whoo hoo! Thank you all!
We decided to redeem our card at Pappasito’s because Mexican food was a callin’ my name.
First we ate a basket of chips. I think we would’ve kept eating had they’re been more. It’s probably best there wasn’t.
I forgot to take a picture of our food before we started digging in. It would have been prettier that way. :)
Matt had beef quesadillas. I stole a bite and they were yummy!
I had tacos and double rice. Anybody got a recipe for Mexican rice they want to share? Baby wants it.
I had one crispy beef taco and one soft chicken taco. They were different and both delightful.
I had gotten really peckish this afternoon, so I wasn’t terribly hungry when we left the house. We decided to do a little shopping before dinner because it’s just so much fun to do without kiddos! (Disclaimer: it’s fun to do with kiddos, too. Just… different.) Anyway, we went to Babies R Us to pick up a baby shower gift and also because I just love walking around baby stores. :) I actually walked out of there with nothing for us. Oh the self-control.
We came home after dinner because I wanted to sit on my couch. I was very full and kind of cold. We had such a nice night out! Yay for four years of marriage. I do love my husband! Now I am going to wake him up and see if he wants to watch TV or go to bed. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment