It was half of a $4 vinyl tablecloth. It's on it's way to being a (crude but functional) high chair cover.
I like my high chair. I really do. It's just that the cover is cloth. What was I thinking?! I can't find a reasonable replacement cover already made. I've looked. My mother won't make one. I've asked. I haven't found a pattern. But I don't really know much about patterns. So I just started cutting and sewing. I'm thinking a sewing machine would have made the part so far go much faster. Oh well. I cut a back piece and a seat piece and two side pieces and a pocket for over the back. They're all sewn together. I want to finish tonight but it's 1:00am. So it's not even tonight anymore. I have some pins in places trying to even it out a bit, but I might just take 'em out and go with the rustic look. :) I still need to finish the hole for the crotch strap and cut the slits for the lap belt. I'm just hoping it holds up! If so, I'm really looking forward to wiping it down. Ahhhh...
lol, looks like you have the same chair as me! different seat cover, though, i think. i just wash mine out every few days with the kitchen towels...and the dog takes care of the crumbs/dropped food pieces. or i get the vacuum hose out and just use that.
ReplyDeleteHope your cover works! I had one that came with a high chair from a friend's neighbor who didn't want/need it anymore, but turns out, it was broken, so we just cannibolized the parts and now i have an extra tray and insert...used their seat cover for awhile, as it was a coated one, but it cracked horribly after awhile and just got really nasty, and i couldn't wash it in the washer, so I threw it away and went back to my old one...