Saturday, July 31, 2010

I’m gonna rock and roll all night and party everyday!

On Friday we had such a treat!  Mom, Grandma, the girls, and I all went to Potato Patch for lunch!

P7302852

We love Potato Patch, but I hadn’t been a long time!  If you’ve never been, this restaurant is fun because they throw rolls to you (and they kind of hand you blueberry muffins).  The girls thought it was lots of fun and they were just treasures at the restaurant!  Natalie even stayed awake the whole way there and the whole way home.  Yay!

P7302853

It’s wonderful home cookin’ type food.  I had chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes,  and gravy.  Every table also gets fried green tomatoes and fried okra.  My wonderful family let me eat most of the okra.  I’m such a fried okra addict.  In fact, I decided to try frying some myself last night.  My grandmother had given me a pretty big bag full of okra from her garden (whoo hoo!!!), so I chopped up some of that and hunted for a recipe.  I ended up using the recipe from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook for fried green tomatoes.  I cut up the okra in bite-sizedish pieces, then dipped them in milk then flour then egg then cornmeal.  Then I fried ‘em in some oil.  I would say they were a success!  If I had to choose, I’d pick the okra from Potato Patch, but these weren’t bad at all, and the girls enjoyed them, too!

Today was a baby shower for my friend Amy, who is due in September with baby girl #2!

I always love taking pictures of the present pile!  Love all those pink bags!

P7312857

Aren’t these petit fours so cute?!  I also heard they were delicious, but I actually didn’t try them.  I’m not a huge cake eater, and there was another dessert that had chocolate. :)

P7312858

Miss Amy!  She’s 5 weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy, and she looks so cute!  She’s holding one of her gifts that I thought was such a cute idea.  I took a picture to remember.  It was a pretty little pail filled with onsies and bibs and things (as best I could tell), also flowers and butterflies and other cute girly things.  April (who gave the gift) topped it with a Target gift card.  I thought it was a very simple, very pretty gift idea.

P7312863

Kim (in the pink and black) put together the gift from us hostesses.

P7312865

Actually she put together a gift from her that talked about the gift from the hostesses.  Got it? :)

P7312866

She got this super cute window pane (complete with a little sill!) frame and filled it with scrapbook paper mattes and photo corners ready for pictures to come!  I LOVE it!  Kim also has a design business, and Amy’s been having Kim scrapbook for her.  We pitched in a got her a “gift card” to Kim’s business, Five17 creations, for more pages!  I think that’s such a great idea too!

P7312867

I took another picture of the final haul.  (I like to show Joanna what we did at the party!)

P7312868

Amy got so many cute clothes and things for her daughter!  I’m starting to get very excited for my little man, even though he won’t be wearing much any pink!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for helping with such an amazing shower! I loved every second, and we got spoiled rotten! A little pink on your son is ok--boys wear pink a lot these days :)

    ReplyDelete