This summer the girls have been coming with me to work more often than usual. It actually hasn’t been miserable. :)
I have several wonderful people who’ve been watching them for my Tuesday meetings. I think I could probably have Joanna with me for those if needed (and maaaayyyybbee Natalie for one of them by herself), but it’s so nice to go and concentrate and enjoy adult conversation for a couple of hours instead. :) Most Wednesday mornings there is a nursery available, and in a perfect world that would be enough time to get almost everything done. Sadly, the copy machine does not live in that perfect world. Either it or the server has been down more Wednesdays than not. :(
So we often find ourselves going up to the church on Thursdays or Fridays (or both!) to get the printing started.
Joanna loves getting the bulletins from the machine and putting them in a bin for me.
She is actually a very good helper. Sometimes she acts a little crazy and messes with stuff, but mostly she listens and stays with me. I praise her a lot for that behavior. And she usually gets a little sucker. :)
This one though… Oye! It’s a good thing she’s cute! It’s totally the age, but she is all over the place! The last couple of times I’ve gone up with the girls, I’ve devised a system that works pretty well. It is: Natalie + stroller + sucker = about 15 minutes of work time for me.
She just sits in the stroller, licking her sucker until it’s all gone. She LOVES it.
I don’t try to get much done with them in tow. It’s mostly just getting the bulletins started printing. We then leave and come back to check on them later. My wonderful coworkers also help by pulling them off the machine for me and calling if something goes wrong. All my computer work gets done either during nursery time or at home.
I’m really looking forward to September, especially if the girls are healthy. I’ll be super-huge, but Natalie and Joanna have preschool/MDO on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Can you even imagine? On weeks that they’re both healthy and they’re are no holidays… bliss! Of course Little Man is coming to mess with that system. :) Hee hee. Then we’ll have Mommy/son alone time. That will be really cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment