Let me start off by saying that it’s 4:57am and I’ve slept about 3 1/2 hours. Heartburn. So I decided I might as well blog.
I put a couple of posts up before this about getting ready. Here’s the actual reunion…
It was at the House of Blues downtown.
Kathy and I stood for awhile waiting for our husbands to park so I took a picture of the escalator to get upstairs.
I also took a couple of random pictures of the room of people.
I don’t think I know any of these people.
And here are a couple of people who wore the same dress:
We picked up Kathy and AJ at her mom’s house for the event. They flew in today and didn’t have car. It was nice to show up with friends, as well! When we first walked in, I was thinking, “wow, it sure is noisy in here.” I didn’t know what noisy was. The music just kept getting louder and louder and louder. It was impossible to talk to anyone. And talking is the point of reunions, right? Am I missing something? Matt’s 20 year was loud too (it had nothing on this, though). Why are we having to scream at these people we barely know anymore? It would have been so much more enjoyable with a lower volume of music. Everything else was pretty okay though.
This is my friend Jessica. We lived in the same apartment complex and walked to school together in middle school.
The pregnant ladies found a couch:
Posing with Jennifer. She actually lives in KW with her husband and new baby. I really shouldn’t have to drive downtown to see her. :)
I saw and chatted with lots more people, but I didn’t whip out the camera every time. Oh, well!
And we found another couch…
I wonder what he’s thinking?
We left a little before 11:00. It had gotten dark (inside) and even louder by that point, even though no one was dancing. The food had also stopped circulating. :)
Kathy and I joked that people were staring as the two pregnant ladies stumbled out of the bar. We were wobbling a little from our shoes. :)
In fact, I had to lose mine when we made it to the street. It was dark so I didn’t want to wait on the guys to bring the car around, but I 100% could not have walked there in my shoes. Fortunately I did not find any rusty nails.
I will leave you with the last picture I took of the evening – Matt putting money in the parking thingie.
I had a good time and am very glad I went. It was an experience for sure! I just wish I had any idea what my conversations were about tonight. Did I mention it was SO LOUD!?
I am so tired, but my heartburn is killing me! That’s what I get for eating so late. I’m going to try reading (and another glass of milk) and see if maybe I just fall asleep sitting up here on the couch. And then maybe my children will be really quiet when they wake up and find me here. Ha!
thanks for taking us with you!! We had fun w/ y'all! My feet still hurt too, but the pain of that night is compounded by the huge amount of walking/carrying/flying/driving we did today trying to get back here to Altus. Yikes!!
ReplyDeleteHope your heartburn got better... try taking zantac 75, unless it messes w/ your thyroid or something. It really works well for me. Or the 10 mg pepcid. Either is safe and I would never sleep w/o it!! Tums make me sick b/c of the texture... yuck!! and they don't last long enough... I always wake up after a little whiel and need more... same w/ rolaids. And actually while milk helps initially, it actually requires more acid to break down, so makes for worse heartburn later on... But i used to make milkshakes at all hours of day and night before i asked about zantac/pepcid. Just something you might look into...
Oooh, that means Baby Boy is going to have some hair, I think! I know it's an old wive's tale, but I really think there's some validity to this one! It will be fun to see!
ReplyDelete