Friday, December 21, 2012

Friday Festive Fun

Joanna’s Christmas party was this morning, and I got to go by myself!  My mom came over and watched the little kids (and fed them hot chocolate!).

The party moms got everything set up while the kiddos were somewhere else.

IMG_9560

Here come the little elves!

IMG_9561

Joanna had no problem decorating her reindeer cupcake.  Yum!

IMG_9566

I said, “Hey, you’ve got something on your face – a little something here and here.”  She told me they were elf cheeks and Mrs. C gave them to her.  :)

IMG_9569

Joanna’s no fool.  She scooped the last of her chocolate icing up with her vanilla ice cream.  Girl after my own heart!

IMG_9574

Sweet friends!

IMG_9577

And some silly ones too!

IMG_9578

Waiting in line to “pin” the nose on Rudolph.

IMG_9581

And contemplating her craft.

IMG_9585

After this it was just about time for the party to be over and I convinced her to come on home with me.  It was nice to walk home with my big girl, knowing I’d get to have her home for a couple of weeks! 

As we were leaving the school I ran into a girl (named Jessica, of course) that I knew from high school whose son goes to our school.  Even though I don’t know any of the families with Kindergarteners, I’ve discovered I know quite a few families with older children there.  And so far everybody has good things to say about the staff.  Yay!

This evening we went up to the Episcopal church for their live nativity.  We just love going each year.  James was so excited to “see Baby Jesus born and Mary and Jofez.”

IMG_0162

The camel is always a big hit!  This was a baby camel, only 11 months old.  It’s his first Christmas!

IMG_9592

It wasn’t really that cold, but we love any excuse to wear stylish winter accessories!  {And when many days in December are pushing 80 degrees, the 40’s feel quite chilly!}

IMG_9593

Ha!  James is crawling in the pen with the animals!

IMG_0169IMG_9595IMG_9597

The live nativity:

IMG_9602

St. Nicholas:

IMG_9606

Everybody got {chocolate} gold coins – yum!  I somehow managed to convince everyone to let me put them in their stocking.  There was plenty of sugar already running through the veins of my children today.  :)

IMG_9607

Posing by the manger:

IMG_9611

I was there too!  {And I actually turned the flash on for some of these pictures – can you believe it?!}

IMG_9614IMG_9615IMG_9619

Cutest boy in the universe? 

IMG_9624

Yes, I think so!

I hope the next few days feel nice and slow and relaxed.  I love Advent and Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment