Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas: Lunch at Gran and David’s


My mom was off Christmas until the afternoon so she invited us over for lunch with David and his family.
My mom made me this neck warmer (filled with rice) and James loves to grab it anytime he can.  He says “my back hurts.”
IMG_9924
Sadly, this may be the only picture I got of David’s daughter Laura.  She is so sweet with the kids.  Here Natalie is petting her.  Ha!
IMG_9925
The girls picking out something to watch on Gran’s iPod.
IMG_9926
David has a Canon DSLR also (which is one reason I think I didn’t take so many pictures.  My subconscious knew they were being taken and I didn’t need to).  The lens on his camera was a 28-135mm I believe, and I took it off to put on mine to play for a minute.  It’s HUGE on my “little” camera, but I liked the feel of it.  I took this picture with it:  It would be quite a versatile lens to have someday, and it’s not one that’s totally out of my reach, price-wise.  I mean, I might have to get another job and stop feeding the children so much and sell some of Matt’s stuff, but then maybe I could.  :)
IMG_9932
James was “rolling, rolling.”
IMG_9933
He did this like a million times – thanks for rolling with him Laura!
IMG_9938
David’s sister and his mom (they were a little chilly!)
IMG_9941
David gave the kids all flashlights.  They thought these were the BEST PRESENTS EVER!
IMG_9942
Since my mom had to leave pretty quickly, they started exchanging gifts while we were there.  Mom made neck warmers for everyone and also these pretty hand towels that have a hanger to stay on the oven handle. 
IMG_9945
Mom got some of her favorite Keurig cups.  Yay!
IMG_9948
Laura gave her a pretty cross bracelet (being fastened here) and David’s son gave her a pretty box – perfect for keeping it in!  I told Mom I will have no idea what she’s talking about if it comes up missing.  :)
IMG_9951
It was a very super wonderful lunch – thank you David and everyone! 
We headed home to do the nap thing.  I have one more post from Christmas Day, and then it will be back to our regularly scheduled programming!

2 comments:

  1. Our favorite lens that we use 90% of the time is the 28-135mm. We got it because I needed something to zoom with in the house, but not as much as the telescopic one we had that Paul uses at sporting events. WE LOVE IT! It's perfect for that little bit of zoom, but still "nice" enough to get that great blurry background!

    And flashlights are always a GREAT gift for any age! We could have used a couple extra ones on Christmas Day night:)

    ReplyDelete