Sunday, December 16, 2012

Photo Challenge, Days 10-15

Day 16 is today, but it’s still on the camera.  Let’s get {almost} caught up, shall we?

December 10 – Wrapping paper

10. wrapping paper

I’m a pretty “green” wrapper.  I reuse gift bags a lot, including actual reusable shopping bags.  I probably won’t ever buy wrapping paper again, except maybe a roll of butcher paper that the kids can decorate.  I do have bits and pieces in the closet, but one thing I like to use to wrap small things (especially for grandparents) is artwork that the kids have done.

December 11 – Green

11. Green

So I could have taken a picture of something actually green, but instead I chose this basket of rags that help us live a bit more “green.”  These are mostly cut up old t-shirts, but we use them as handkerchiefs!  Somehow we got stuck on calling them nose-wipies though.  I should probably work on switching over to handkerchief.  It’s such a nicer word.  :)

December 12 – A beautiful sight.

12. Beautiful sight

I was on the hunt all day for something that truly struck me as aesthetically beautiful, but either nothing did, or I couldn’t capture it fast enough.  But at dinner, I thought it was beautiful to watch my big daughter eat her first “whole” half of a grapefruit.  I’m not exactly sure why, but it just seems like such a milestone and such a big girl thing to do!

December 13 – Family

13. Family

I slacked quite a bit this week and forgot to take many of the pictures until the evening, when all the good light was gone.  I need to be better next week! In the above shot, Joanna is reading the books she brought home from school to the family!  What a wonderful thing to behold!!

December 14 – Christmas Tree

14. Christmas Tree

This came home all wrapped up in a decorated piece of butcher paper for Matt and me.  I wanted to put it under the tree until Christmas, but Joanna could barely wait until Matt got home from work for us to open it!  I’m glad we opened it early because we can enjoy it as a decoration longer!  (And for full disclosure, I took this picture a day late.)

And finally, a day when I didn’t wait until the very last minute to take the day’s picture.  Pretty light!

December 15 – Favorite Holiday Song

15. Favorite Christmas Song

I most definitely have several favorites, but this is for sure one of them.  And it was so easy to take a picture of the title!  I like all the classic Baby Jesus songs.  I’m not a fan of anything very secular, (think Santa and Rudolph here) though there are a few catchy ones!  One song I heard for the first time this year (not sure whether it’s new) is To be with You by Sara Groves.  It makes me tear up every time.  I downloaded her Christmas album, and I pretty much love everything on it.  It just sits well with me.  I’ve been singing her version of O Holy Night all day.  Normally I don’t really like covers of the classics that change it up too much, but I simply love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment