Tuesday, June 1, 2010

20 Weeks

20 weeks – no pic again; I’m such a slacker.

How Your Baby’s Growing (from Babycenter.com):

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

How far along: 20 weeks

Pregnancy symptoms: forgetfulness, heartburn, headaches (maybe not preggo related?),

Food Cravings: Dr. Pepper, candy, strawberries

Sleep: good, although I do need a nap every day.  I’m a little addicted to it.

Measurement: about 38 inches when I let it all hang out.  :)  I weighed 163 lbs last Tuesday at the doctor’s office.

Movement: I feel him every day but not very strongly or regularly.  Update, Tuesday morning.  I actually felt him on the outside once yesterday.  He didn’t do it again for Matt though.

Labor signs: none 

What I miss: having one set of clothing, but it’s been about 4 years since I had that.  :)

What I’m looking forward to: feeling my little man move a lot more; also really getting started finding a name for him

Milestone: Halfway there!!  It seems a little crazy that I’m halfway to 40 weeks.  The biggest, hottest parts are yet to come!

Thoughts from the Girls: Joanna totally gets that we know it’s a baby boy in my belly, and she hasn’t tried to change our minds or anything.  Natalie has started pointing to my belly and saying baby.  But she doesn’t really get it.  She’ll point to yours and say the same thing, whether your preggo or not.

Doctor’s visit: My “20 week” appointment was actually last week and I already blogged about it in pieces, but I’ll put some stats here.  My weight: 163lbs; baby’s HR: 146; baby’s weight: 10 oz.  Everything looks great on the ultrasound and I got to hear his little heartbeat on Tuesday and Wednesday.  He’s perfect, I guess.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment