My good friend Lisa will be turning the big Four-Oh early next month, and her husband arranged a surprise party for her today! The theme was “Still Hot at 40!” which is kind of funny if you know them, but of course so true!
Here is the cake (before Joanna sticky-fingers got to it!). There was a banner as well, but I’m not sure Lisa would appreciate me posting the picture of it here. Maybe we’ll see it on her blog though?
Lisa was surprised – yay! She knew something was up, though, because Tony had racked up a lot of cell-phone minutes talking to Lisa’s mom and good friends from out of town. They all flew in for the surprise!
The girls had fun eating Tin Roof BBQ (I couldn’t eat enough!) and swimming and playing in the backyard. It was wonderful to meet some of Lisa’s friends I didn’t know and visit more with the ones I did!
Natalie played for a long time on the coffee table. Hey, whatever makes you happy kid.
Our friend Abby was practicing her Big Sister skills (which will be needed in September). You can see her point to Natalie where to sit!
Riley, Anna, and Joanna in the “big” pool. The girls were counting, then splashing into the water. It seemed as though the numbers they were counting to were sort of arbitrary, but maybe they had a system. They moved all the way up from counting to three and splashing down in the pool to counting to twelve. :) I’m loving the hands on the hips here by Miss Joanna, who was kind of the leader of the pack in this game.
We ate yummy chocolate cake and even took a group picture outside. I bet Lisa will post it on her blog – I’m excited to see it!
After getting dried off and dressed again, Joanna did some dress-up inside with a lot of hot pink feather boas.
We had a great time! Good job Tony for pulling it off, and we’re so glad God made our friend Lisa! We love you!! Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment