Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 5 (Hopefully the last) of Painting and Father’s Day

I didn’t take any painting pictures today, but there wasn’t much to it, either.

I touched up some around the ceiling where I thought the paint looked a little streaky and Matt did a second coat on two of the walls.  The other walls looked pretty good, which is fortunate because we ran out of paint!  We have a tiny bit left for touch ups in a jam jar (and of course we can always go get another gallon if we decide to recoat the other two walls), but the can is now empty!  I really like how it turned out, and I’m excited to get the room put back together.  I’m hoping Matt will help me move furniture back into the room tonight so I just have to scootch it tomorrow while he’s at work.  Or maybe I can call him in sick and hide his keys.  :)

I’ll post more pictures when the furniture is back in and the window dressings are up and maybe even some stuff is hung back on the walls.

Today of course was also Father’s Day!  Happy Father’s Day to my Dad and Matt’s Dad and to Matt!

We went to church this morning before heading to Mamma and Pop’s to celebrate Father’s Day with the family.  We had BBQ – yummo!  And chips and queso and cake and tea.  Ahhhhhhh…

This morning before church were the only pictures I took today (unless you count the picture of the paint label I took since we’re not keeping the can).

The girls and I gave Matt a few treats for Father’s Day.  Really, everything’s from the girls, but since they can’t drive, I had to help.  :)

 P6202588

They gave him some of his favorite coffee (super extra dark plus or something) and some shaving gel.  :)  Natalie also gave him a new picture insert for his coffee mug.  The last one didn’t have any pictures of her on it, so she had me help her make a new collage.  Joanna gave her Daddy a gift card to the new movie theatre to they can go see Toy Story 3 together on a date!

P6202591

We love you very much Matt!  I sure am glad my girls have you.  And I’m glad you’ll have testosterone reinforcements soon.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Tell him he can borrow my children anytime if he needs more testosterone!! We've got MORE than enough here!!

    ReplyDelete