I didn’t take any pictures yesterday (Friday), but we prepped the kids’ room for blue paint. Matt and I decided we liked the splotch on the wall enough to head to Sherwin Williams for a gallon of “Upward” in the Harmony paint (no VOC), flat finish. I thought about going Satin/Semigloss, but our walls are so bad that any shine shows all the imperfections. That’s not really what I want to dwell on in my babies’ room.
Anyway, then after the girls went to bed (still camping in the playroom), I layed drop cloths, spackled some, taped the baseboards, moved out the furniture, took down the window coverings, dusted some cobwebs, and covered the crib with plastic. So right now the girls’ dressers are in the middle of the living room. :) I also decided that drop cloths are kind of like scrapbooks. It’s neat to look back at the different colors and think of all the things you’ve painted.
This morning I let myself sleep in and have a pretty leisurely morning. Then we decided Matt should start painting first. He’s the roller-man. The girls and I ran to the store and fixed lunch while he painted and painted.
Matt multitasking:
Isn’t he cute? Just watching him roller makes my arms hurt.
Then after the girls and I ate lunch, Matt ate lunch, and the girls ate second lunch while I did some cutting-in.
Dude, I almost didn’t post these pics. The sweatpants are very bad for my figure. And yes, I know that’s pretty vain. :)
I like using the dining chairs as my step-stools. They’re very sturdy, I don’t mind if I get a little paint on them, and I can line them all up and walk from one to the other all the way down the room. For painting, though, I wish they were about two inches taller.
Matt finished his rollering, and I cut in all the way around the room. I layed on the floor some to do the baseboards. There’s really not a good position to paint along the bottom of the wall while pregnant.
I can tell I’ll need to do some touching up, and I may have Matt do a second coat. It does look really good though. I was thinking we’d need a second coat, but looking at it this evening, I’m not sure. I think we have enough paint to, so we might as well, but it dried really nicely. We’ll look at it in the daylight tomorrow. I know I have some streaking along the ceiling where I just didn’t quite have enough paint on my brush, but that should be easy to fix.
I think the room is going to be so calm and beautiful once all the furniture is back inside and everything’s redressed. Yay!
I was downloading pictures, and I saw these next two, but I didn’t remember taking them! Then I realized Matt must have had my camera when I was showering off all the blue paint.
Isn’t she AMAZING?!
I could just eat this child up. But then I wouldn’t have her anymore, and I would be very sad. But still… Look at this face! (And ignore the dirty paint clothes and books all over the floor). :)
No comments:
Post a Comment