Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lazy Day

It's wet and a little dreary outside, and I just can't get any of us out of our PJs. Except Natalie, who spilled water all over hers. But she just in a diaper. :) So we've just been putzing around the house. I'm pretty proud of what I've accomplished though:
-Basically kept the kitchen clean. :)
-Cleared off my desk in the playroom. It was so bad. I'd basically just been stacking stuff on it that I wanted to keep out of reach of the girls or that went in that room but I didn't feel like actually putting away. I had stopped using it as a desk many weeks ago and moved my "base of operations" out to the living room. It's amazing to be able to see the beautiful wood of the desktop now.
-I filed. A lot. I had a (not very small) box of papers that had been stacking up for well over a year. Maybe I tackled some of it right after Natalie was born but nothing since. I have a perfectly good filing cabinet but clearly wasn't using it. I finally cleared out that whole box, most of which went in the recycle bin. It feels so good to be caught up on filing. So good. We'll see how long it lasts...
-Cleaned up the playroom. The girls have since taken out a lot of toys, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was! And we can keep up with a day's worth of toy litter.
-Made it through the boy section of one of my name books. :)
-Made breakfast and lunch, nothing fancy though.
-Organized some business cards.

I went to bed late last night (my own fault) and I'm feeling it today! I'm hoping the dreary weather and sound of the rain will make for long naps for everybody! I'm looking forward to Matt coming home and hoping for a little rain-free window so he can grill some chicken. I also have my Sola Gratia party tonight which I'm really looking forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment