Saturday, July 10, 2010

100 Days to go?

My friend Kathy posted on her blog that she has less than 100 days left until her son is born (or due, rather). As I am due the day after her, that means I have 100 days to go until my due date. Oh my! That just sounds so close! I'm not one for delivering on due dates, but still!
On the nursery front, we made some more progress today. I'm blogging from my little computer, so I'll post pictures tomorrow when I have the big computer back. We set up a twin bed for Miss Joanna in the kids' room, and she's very excited to sleep there tonight! We're going to wait until this transition is all done (smoothly hopefully) before trying to move Natalie over to the toddler bed. I'll think she'll do fine, and we may try for next weekend for that move. I personally am looking forward to both girls being able to get themselves out of bed and come find me. (8am girls, not 5 -- okay?) I'm wondering if they'll try to sleep together. As of now, Natalie can't get herself up on the twin bed without help or a stool. I bet she'll figure it out pretty quickly though. She's a climber.

This afternoon before dinner we went over to Mamma and Pop's to visit. They had the trains running outside on the big track and the girls enjoyed watching them and drinking bottled water! I enjoyed sitting on the couch inside under the ceiling fan. :) Natalie says "choo choo" when she sees trains or wants one. We checked out a Thomas video from the library a couple of weeks ago and watched it a bunch of times. Now Natalie will hand me the remote and say "choo choo?" when she wants to watch Thomas. It's very cute. We don't have the video anymore though, and sadly Thomas only comes on TV Sunday mornings. I don't understand this because there are plenty of obnoxious shows that come on at least twice a day every day on the same channel. Oh well. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. :)

2 comments:

  1. Paul David has some Thomas videos that Miss Natalie can borrow. I'll drop one in your box Tuesday! Plus, the user's manual for the George Forman Grill...things keep turning up around here!

    Yay for the twin bed! Hope Joanna has a restful night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're actually due 2 days after me, but who's counting? I just can't wait to not be pregnant anymore and meet this little guy. It opens up a ton of other issues to deal with, which may or may not be harder than being pregnant and traveling w/ two toddlers, but at least I'd be able to bend over and breathe and sleep better!! So ready to be done... of course, if I could have the "mary poppins power" of snapping my fingers and getting things picked up, I'd be ready long before Oct! Our nursery is almost ready, since we aren't doing much to it, just a few more touches I never got around to w/ sam. And a few more things for Josh, plus his party to plan. And unearthing the guest room. but that's pretty much it. Of course i can't do anything on that list till we get back in Aug, but still...

    ReplyDelete