Tonight I made one of my favorite meals. It’s comfort food at it’s finest! I haven’t made either of these things in a while, I think it’s because I haven’t been buying too much in the way of packaged food like Ritz. I could try to tweak these things to not include Ritz, but then they wouldn’t be comfort food for me, you know? And I figure they’re still a lot healthier than some other things I feed my family!
Stuffed squash: I use cheese and Ritz crackers. Yummo.
Salmon patties: just canned salmon, egg, and Ritz!
I couldn’t believe it, but Joanna ate one and half salmon patties (dipped in ketchup, of course) and a quarter of a stuffed squash (or half of one in the above picture). For Joanna, that’s pretty impressive! Natalie picked at both but I think mostly just ate ketchup. Hee hee, just kidding. She didn’t eat much though. Oh well. There’s always breakfast tomorrow!
Oh a totally unrelated note: Natalie has now worn each of the cloth diapers overnight with no leaks! She even woke up dirty in one of them. I’ve also washed them twice and so far am just loving the whole process. She hasn’t had a real grody BM in one yet, so we’ll see how that goes! They’re both drying tonight so I’ll plan to use them tomorrow!
ritz makes some whole wheat crackers now. not 100% of course, but it's something!
ReplyDeleteI totally buy the whole grain variety. They taste good to us! And actually these days I buy Kroger "zips" instead. Almost as good. :)
ReplyDeleteCould you maybe post a little more on how to make the salmon patties? Thanks!
ReplyDelete