Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Just Stuff... mostly rambles

I'm up at the church, using nursery time to work. (Is blogging work, you're thinking?) Actually I finished everything that's hands-on, now I'm just watching the numbers count on the copy machine. The sanctuary bulletins are almost finished printing (506/600) and I'd really like to start the Impact bulletins before I leave. They can print over lunchtime and I'll come back to check on them another time. I think the timing's not going to quite work out though. Oh well! They don't take long to print. I can do it this evening or in the next couple of days no problem. They're ready to print, at least.

The girls are so cute today in matchy dresses borrowed from Lisa. I took pictures this morning but I don't have my camera cable with me. They'll have to wait!

My 10 year high school reunion is coming up at the end of July. That's less than two months away! I'm kind of a planner, so I'm already thinking about logistics. I'm not sure what time it starts but I'm thinking it's likely 7ish. It's at the House of Blues in Houston -- cocktail attire. I'm sure it will be nice, but I'd much rather a venue that I didn't have to find a cocktail dress! I'm starting to get antsy about finding a dress since I know my options will be limited and I don't have a ton to spend on it. I'm so picky and hard to fit that I really want to find something in person, not online, if possible, and I hate paying shipping charges. I can't really go shopping now though since I'm sure my body's going to change a lot in the next few weeks! Everybody will get 2 drink tickets at the reunion, and I'm teasing Matt about scalping ours since we don't drink. You know, to recoup some of the expense of the evening! Some members of the class are pulling together a family event for the daytime maybe at Herman Park. That seems like a good idea, but I'm not going to drive downtown (to a park in July 6 months pregnant), visit for awhile, drive home, get ready and leave the kids, then drive back downtown. Not fun! I guess a lot of people from our class live downtown these days.

Well enough rambling for now. The counter's up to 586. I'm going to go get paper for the Impact bulletins.
Pics soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Jenny's got a black cocktail-ish maternity dress that might work for you...might be too big, but if you want to try it, let me know and I'll give you her number or set something up for ya. Wish I could offer you something, since we probably won't be able to go, but I don't have anything that nice either. You could always just find a pretty, fancy top and put it over black pants or skirt...that might be easier?? Anyway, hope it works out..let me know if you want to try Jenny's dress or not!

    ReplyDelete