Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Natalie stinker head

So Natalie's "comfort" thing is to suck her right thumb and put one of her left fingers into her belly button. (Don't ask me; I'm not really sure.)
Anyway, this means she hasn't been wearing a ton of rompers lately because then she can't reach her belly button.
One of the new cloth diapers, the Bum Genius, has these handy velcro tabs like disposable diapers that make it very easy to put on (and take off by a 17 month old). So after she brought it to me a couple of times this afternoon, I got her dressed in a dress (she's just been running around in the diaper) hoping that would distract her. It didn't, so I put her in a romper.
Sadly, it was nap time and I was just going to make her tough it out without the belly button thing, but she looked at me with those sad eyes, took her thumb out of her mouth, and signed "help me." I just had to unsnap it! Hopefully she'll wake up clothed.

2 comments: