Here's some for you. Joanna says/does the cutest things all the time. Sometimes I manage to catch them on video, but honestly I'm lucky if I just manage to write them down. So I've been writing a few things down as they came to me today.
- Joanna's been singing "Frere Jacques" constantly today. I think she has it stuck in her head. This is what it sounds like when she sings it: "faira shocka, faira shocka, faira shocka, faira shocka, faira shocka..." pretty much until she runs out of breath or gets distracted with something else. I'm trying to teach her the rest. No luck so far.
- She calls the exersaucer the "applesaucer." I think that's hilarious.
- She has a fancy word for tortillas. I'm going to try to spell it phonetically for you. "Tork-uh-tias." I find myself using this word -- I love it! This is what it looks like in my head: "torqueatillas."
- She says "Oh my doodness!" at appropriate times. Like this evening I heard her say it after Matt told her that Jonah got swallowed by a whale.
- Another phrase I hear that just sounds so grown-up is "Oh, that's right." Like I'll remind her that Matt's at work, and she'll say, "oh, that's right."
Here are some things Natalie's up to as well:
- She's scootching a bunch around here!
- She seems to always find shoes laying around to chew on. We try to keep them put away, but...
- I can tell she's ready to start eating. Rice cereal is on my grocery list. I was trying to hold out a little longer, but she's looking at me with those hungry eyes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment