This is bound to be a long, rambling post, just to warn you.
I had planned to use Thursday before we left as a packing/laundry/etc. day. Joanna had MDO, and I finished my work on Wednesday. Well, I started getting sick Tuesday evening and by Thursday morning was almost dead (okay, not really, it just felt that way). So my mom actually took Joanna to school for me. I had a couple of hours where the Tylenol had kicked in and I didn't feel quite so deathly ill so I worked on packing and organizing in that time. I also rested a little. Even if I'd worked the whole time, I wouldn't have gotten much done; I was moving quite slowly. I had fever, chills, aches, headache, sore throat, swollen glands, and by Thursday evening a particular tenderness/pain that only nursing mommies will know about.
I considered calling off the trip but decided I'd actually have more help and possibly more rest if we went. Matt had to help me a lot Thursday evening and Friday morning getting stuff done and we didn't do too badly on our departure time. We left at 6:30am. I was sooooooo sick by that point, but both girls were in good spirits. A little ways into the trip I decided I need a doctor's intervention; I was getting worse, not better. My doctor's office closes at noon on Friday, but I managed to get a call into the nurse and have her call a prescription into the pharmacy before then. I must say that doctor's office wasn't particularly helpful in my situation. For whatever reason, they couldn't call a prescription across state lines, so they called it into my local Walgreens so they could transfer to a Walgreens in Oklahoma City. Fine, except that my local Walgreens has some kind of communication issue in that they don't get faxes or phone calls. They think they do, but they do not. So it's almost noon and they haven't gotten the call; I call the nurse again who just says that they need to check their new scrip line; she called it in. (Normally I use a pharmacy that doesn't exist in Oklahoma). Well I give them some time to get it, but they never do, and the doctor's office is closed 'till Monday. Great. I decided to give my ObGyn's office a try. I didn't know if they'd be able to help since I wasn't sure it was an ObGyn kind of problem. My nurse there was WONDERFUL! She called me back so quickly and rushed to get the info to Dr. Torres before she left (early on Friday apparantly). Then she called the prescription in (across state lines!) and left me a message giving me all the info and telling me to call back if I needed to and have a safe trip and feel better soon. I was so so so pleased with her help. The Walgreens in OKC apparantly does not have the same communication disorder as my local one, and they received the scrip right away and had no problem pulling my info from their computer. It was waiting for me when we got there! I started taking the antibiotic Friday evening (FOUR times a day!) and was feeling basically normal by Sunday evening. My body hasn't quite finished recovering, but I think I'm on the way!
I was so sad to be sick, especially when we were in the area of my favorite place to eat that I can't eat at here.
BRAUMS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment